Monday, May 21, 2007

Kensington Kenetic Sculpture Derby - May 19, 2007

I must admit that I'm not the best photojouralistic photographer... but I photographed the lift-off of the Kensington Kenetic Sculpture Derby and the Trenton Avenue Arts Festival this past saturday, and it might have been the most fun I've had this year. The derby consisted of individuals or groups of individuals who built man-powered sculptures to race down the streets of Kensington. Although it wasn't an actual timed race, contestants were judged based on the artistic quality of their sculptures. I did not actually work on any sculpture, but the organization which I vounteer with (Neighborhood Bike Works) did. I was very impressed by all the sculptures, and enjoyed watching the derby and browsed around the artist booths.




No comments: